Remote Deposit Capture
Remote Deposit Capture (RDC) is a cash management service that allows a commercial customer to remotely scan their own checks, automatically convert them into industry standard check images, and electronically transmit them to the Bank as a deposit.
RDC may be a fit for you if your business:
- Accepts paper checks as a form of payment from customers or vendors
- Makes more than two trips to the bank each month to make deposits
- Finds it difficult to get to the bank during regular business hours
- Pays an employee or courier to make bank deposits
- Depends on cash flow for the success of your business
- Owns a computer with internet access
Benefits Of Remote Deposit Capture
- Convenient, no-hassle banking saves time and money by depositing checks right from your desktop, anytime it’s convenient for you.
- Improved cash flow means no more checks piling up waiting to be deposited. Frequent deposits reduce the risk of lost or stolen items.
- Reduced liability risk that stems from Workers’ Compensation claims for any accidents on the way to the bank.
- Allocation of funds into multiple accounts with just a few clicks allows you to quickly and easily split a deposit into multiple accounts rather than having to make numerous transfers.
- With no hardware to install and no dedicated computer to upgrade, getting RDC up and running at your business is quick and easy! We provide the check scanner, so all you need is an Internet-enabled PC equipped with a web browser.
How Does RDC Work?
The system is comprised of a desktop computer with internet access, a small check scanner, and a printer. The secure website operates the scanner, converts the paper checks into electronic images, and ensures the total of the checks scanned balances to the batch total previously entered. The secure website also creates a permanent storage for the check images and provides advanced research capabilities.
After the initial installation, training on how to operate the system properly will be conducted. Periodically thereafter, authorized users will be notified of any changes that have occurred in laws or regulations that pertain to RDC.
RDC Item Processing
Enacted on October 28, 2004, the Check Clearing for the 21st Century Act allowed check images to be exchanged electronically rather than physically transporting original checks. You may not use RDC to deposit prohibited items such as: items that have been altered or forged; items drawn on foreign banks or payable in foreign currency; items without preprinted magnetic ink routing numbers; third-party items or items payable to any person or entity other than your business; or items dated more than six months prior to deposit.
All deposits must be processed by 5 pm, Monday - Friday, excluding Bank holidays.
To find out more about Remote Deposit Capture or the monthly service fee associated with this service, contact Customer Connect at 512-321-2561.