- Personal Banking
- Business Banking
- About Us
Personal Checking & Savings Accounts
At First National Bank, we give you the personal attention that can only be found at a community bank. Whether in person at one of our convenient branches, over the phone, or online, we provide a wide range of banking products and services to meet your financial goals.
In addition to a variety of checking options to best fit your individual needs, First National Bank offers several savings and other interest-bearing accounts with attractive yields and the flexibility to access your money when you need it. The bank can help you save a little for a rainy day or stash away a bundle for a home, college tuition, or a comfortable retirement.
|Minimum Initial Deposit||Monthly Service Fee||Interest Bearing||Transaction Limitations||MC Debit Card|
|Regular Checking||$100||Click for details||•|
|NOW Account||$1,500||Click for details||•||•|
|Health Savings Account||$100||Click for details||•||•||•|
|Regular Savings Account||$50||Click for details||•||•|
|Money Market Account||$1,500||Click for details||•||•|
Important Information about Procedures for Opening a New Account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
- Regular Checking Account
- $100 minimum opening balance
- Minimum daily balance required for this account or service charge may be imposed.
- Free Online Banking
- Free Online Bill Pay for Consumer Accounts. Third party message, data, and/or internet service provider rates may apply.
- Free access to Call First 24 hour customer service line
- Free ATM withdrawals at First National Bank of Bastrop ATMs
- $300 Overdraft Privilege Limit if approved
Minimum Daily Balance (per statement cycle) $500.00 or above No charge* $499.99 - $400.00 $5.00* $399.99 - $300.00 $6.00* Below $300.00 $7.00* *Monthly service charge fee waived when enrolled in Online Banking and opted in for e-statements
Student Checking Account and Senior Checking Account
Enjoy all the benefits available with a regular checking account and, upon notification to the bank, the monthly service charge fee will not apply to full-time students or seniors (persons 62 or older).
It’s important to keep your checking account in good standing. Yet, honest mistakes do occur. That’s why we may provide Overdraft Privilege with respect to your account, if you request this service.
What is Overdraft Privilege?
When a transaction is presented, such as a check or other transaction that will overdraw your account if paid, First National Bank will either pay the item and overdraw your account, or return the item unpaid as NSF (Nonsufficient Funds). If we pay the overdraft within a pre-approved limit, this service is called Overdraft Privilege. Overdraft Privilege can be a beneficial service because it can save you from the expense and inconvenience of merchant fees when an item is returned NSF. Overdraft fees, as well as NSF fees and the fees imposed by payees when items are returned NSF, can be substantial. We discourage routine or intentional overdrafts. Overdraft Privilege should only be used for occasional and inadvertent overdrafts.
What are some other ways I can avoid overdrafts?
We offer alternatives to Overdraft Privilege that may help you avoid overdrawing your account. You may request an Automatic Funds Transfer to be set up where your checking account can be linked to another account, such as a savings account, that would automatically transfer funds, if available, from the other account to your checking account as needed.
Overdraft Privilege is limited to one account per household. If you’d like to enroll, visit a Customer Service Representative at any of our locations.
- NOW Account
Our NOW Account is an interest-bearing account featuring all the same benefits of a regular checking account.
View current rates here
- $1,500 minimum opening balance
- Interest will be compounded and credited to your account every month
- Minimum daily balance required for this account or fees may be imposed
- Available for individual personal accounts only and not available for business accounts
Minimum Daily Balance (per statement cycle) $1,500.00 or above No charge $1,000.00 - $1,499.99 $5.00 $500.00 - $999.99 $6.00 Below $500.00 $7.00
- HSA Account
A Health Savings account is a tax-exempt trust or custodial account established exclusively for the purpose of paying or reimbursing qualified medical expenses of you, your spouse, and your dependents.
Am I Eligible for an HSA?
You are eligible for a regular HSA contribution if, with respect to any month, you:
- Are covered under a high-deductible (HDHP) on the first day of such month.
- Are not also covered by any other health plan that is not an HDHP (with certain exceptions for plans providing preventive care and limited types of permitted insurance and permitted coverage).
- Are not enrolled in Medicare and
- Cannot be claimed as a dependent on another individual’s tax return.
For your convenience and accessibility, First National Bank offers a Mastercard® Debit card to HSA account holders to pay for medical goods and services wherever Mastercard is accepted. Funds are directly withdrawn from your HSA account for prompt and easy payment.
Debit card will be embossed with your name and “HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNT” to make it easy to identify the card that provides access to your health savings account.
For HSA debit cards, ATM withdrawals are not permitted. For additional terms and conditions, please refer to your Truth in Savings Disclosure received at account opening.
For your convenience, there are several methods to make contributions to your HSA account. There are no fees associated with any of our contribution methods.
- Direct Deposit – This option allows account holders to select the amount, the day of the withdrawal and the account they wish to withdraw from. This option may be set up at anytime.
- HSA Contribution Deposit Slips – Use a deposit slip when mailing in a check for deposit or when making a deposit in person to your HSA account.
- Employer Contributions – Employers will determine the method of their contributions at enrollment time. The following options are available:
- Employer Contribution Worksheet – If an employer wishes to make contributions by mailing a check, they will be supplied with an Employer Contribution Worksheet. The worksheet will list all the employees participating in the plan and their contribution amount. The amounts will be totaled and one check will be mailed along with the worksheet.
- Direct Deposit – Employers may choose to have a pre-determined monthly amount withdrawn from their business checking account for each employee. This amount will be withdrawn on the day determined by the employer.
- Electronic Transfer (initiated by the employer) – An employer can choose to set up an Electronic Transfer from a business account. This option allows employers the freedom to make contributions when they want, for the amount they want and for the desired employees they want.
For annual limits on contributions to HSA accounts, please contact us at 512-321-2561.
May I claim a Federal Tax Deduction for My HSA Contribution?
Contributions to an HSA are tax deductible, the earnings grow tax deferred, and distributions to pay or reimburse qualified medical expenses are tax free.
You may deduct contributions made by anyone other than your employer as long as they do not exceed the maximum annual contribution amount. Employer contributions are not wages for federal income tax purposes.
Rollovers and transfers from HSAs, IRAs, Archer medical savings accounts, health reimbursement arrangements, and health flexible spending accounts are not tax deductible.
- Rate Information – Your interest rate and annual percentage yield may change.
- Frequency of rate changes – We may change the interest rate on your account at any time.
- Determination of rate – At our discretion, we may change the interest rate on your account.
- Compounding and crediting frequency – Interest will be compounded and credited to your account every month.
- Effect of closing an account - If you close your account in person or by mail through a bank employee, you will receive the accrued interest. If you close the account in any other manner, you will not receive the accrued interest. Bringing your account to a zero balance will be considered closing the account.
- Minimum balance to open the account – You must deposit $100.00 to open this account.
- Minimum balance to avoid imposition of fees – $100.00. A service charge of $5.00 will be imposed every statement cycle if the balance in the account falls below $100.00 any day of the statement cycle.
- Daily balance computation method – We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
- Accrual of interest on non-cash deposits – Interest begins to accrue no later than the business day we receive credit for the deposit of non-cash items (for example, checks).
- Fees - An excess withdrawal fee of $1.00 will be charged for each debit transaction (withdrawal, automatic transfer or payment out of this account) in excess of six during a statement cycle.
This is intended to provide general information concerning the federal tax laws governing HSAs. It is not intended to provide legal advice or to be a detailed explanation of the rules or how such rules may apply to your individual circumstances or under your state tax laws.
For specific information, consult your tax or legal professional. IRS Publication 969, Health Savings Accounts and Other Tax-Favored Health Plans, the instructions to IRS Form 8889, and the IRS’s web site may also provide helpful information.
- Regular Savings Account
- Interest will be compounded every day. Interest will be credited to your account every month.
- Transaction limitations: Due to updates to the Federal Reserve policy, we have temporarily elected to suspend enforcement of the transfer limits on this account.
- Excess Withdrawal Fee: An excess withdrawal fee of $1.00 will be charged for each debit transaction in excess of nine during a calendar quarter.
Minimum Daily Balance (per calendar quarter) $25.00 and above No Charge Below $25.00 $1.00
- Money Market Account
- $1,500.00 minimum balance to open
- Interest will be compounded every month. Interest will be credited to your account every month.
- Transaction Limitations: Due to updates to the Federal Reserve policy, we have temporarily elected to suspend enforcement of the transfer limits on this account.
Minimum Daily Balance (per statement cycle) $1,500.00 or above No Charge Below $1,500.00 $10.00