- Personal Banking
- Business Banking
- About Us
Personal Checking & Savings Accounts
At First National Bank, we give you the personal attention that can only be found at a community bank. Whether in person at one of our convenient branches, over the phone, or online, we provide a wide range of banking products and services to meet your financial goals.
In addition to a variety of checking options to best fit your individual needs, First National Bank offers several savings and other interest-bearing accounts with attractive yields and the flexibility to access your money when you need it. The bank can help you save a little for a rainy day or stash away a bundle for a home, college tuition, or a comfortable retirement.
|Minimum Initial Deposit||Monthly Service Fee||Interest Bearing||Transaction Limitations||MC Debit Card|
|Regular Checking||$100||Click for details||•|
|NOW Account||$1,500||Click for details||•||•|
|Regular Savings Account||$50||Click for details||•||•|
|Money Market Account||$1,500||Click for details||•||•|
Important Information about Procedures for Opening a New Account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
- Regular Checking Account
- $100 minimum opening balance
- Minimum daily balance required for this account or service charge may be imposed.
- Free Online Banking
- Free Online Bill Pay for Consumer Accounts. Third party message, data, and/or internet service provider rates may apply.
- Free access to Call First 24 hour customer service line
- Free ATM withdrawals at First National Bank of Bastrop ATMs
- $300 Overdraft Privilege Limit if approved
Minimum Daily Balance (per statement cycle) $500.00 or above No charge* $499.99 - $400.00 $5.00* $399.99 - $300.00 $6.00* Below $300.00 $7.00* *Monthly service charge fee waived when enrolled in Online Banking and opted in for e-statements
Student Checking Account and Senior Checking Account
Enjoy all the benefits available with a regular checking account and, upon notification to the bank, the monthly service charge fee will not apply to full-time students or seniors (persons 62 or older).
It’s important to keep your checking account in good standing. Yet, honest mistakes do occur. That’s why we may provide Overdraft Privilege with respect to your account, if you request this service.
What is Overdraft Privilege?
When a transaction is presented, such as a check or other transaction that will overdraw your account if paid, First National Bank will either pay the item and overdraw your account, or return the item unpaid as NSF (Nonsufficient Funds). If we pay the overdraft within a pre-approved limit, this service is called Overdraft Privilege. Overdraft Privilege can be a beneficial service because it can save you from the expense and inconvenience of merchant fees when an item is returned NSF. Overdraft fees, as well as NSF fees and the fees imposed by payees when items are returned NSF, can be substantial. We discourage routine or intentional overdrafts. Overdraft Privilege should only be used for occasional and inadvertent overdrafts.
What are some other ways I can avoid overdrafts?
We offer alternatives to Overdraft Privilege that may help you avoid overdrawing your account. You may request an Automatic Funds Transfer to be set up where your checking account can be linked to another account, such as a savings account, that would automatically transfer funds, if available, from the other account to your checking account as needed.
Overdraft Privilege is limited to one account per household. If you’d like to enroll, visit a Customer Service Representative at any of our locations.
- NOW Account
Our NOW Account is an interest-bearing account featuring all the same benefits of a regular checking account.
View current rates here
- $1,500 minimum opening balance
- Interest will be compounded and credited to your account every month
- Minimum daily balance required for this account or fees may be imposed
- Available for individual personal accounts only and not available for business accounts
Minimum Daily Balance (per statement cycle) $1,500.00 or above No charge $1,000.00 - $1,499.99 $5.00 $500.00 - $999.99 $6.00 Below $500.00 $7.00
- Regular Savings Account
- Interest will be compounded every day. Interest will be credited to your account every month.
- Transaction limitations: Due to updates to the Federal Reserve policy, we have elected to suspend enforcement of the transfer limits on this account.
- Excess Withdrawal Fee: An excess withdrawal fee of $1.00 will be charged for each debit transaction in excess of nine during a calendar quarter.
Minimum Daily Balance (per calendar quarter) $25.00 and above No Charge Below $25.00 $1.00
- Money Market Account
- $1,500.00 minimum balance to open
- Interest will be compounded every month. Interest will be credited to your account every month.
- Transaction Limitations: Due to updates to the Federal Reserve policy, we have elected to suspend enforcement of the transfer limits on this account.
Minimum Daily Balance (per statement cycle) $1,500.00 or above No Charge Below $1,500.00 $10.00